New and refurbished ideas for LDS Primary Music Leaders (a.k.a. Primary Choristers)

Saturday, June 9, 2012

NEPHI'S COURAGE STICK PUPPETS

In this Nephi post from last week, I posted some links to church published figures for the first two verses of the song "Nephi's Courage" that you could use for stick puppets or even board stories (aka flannel board stories but nowadays, we have magnetic boards.) This week I decided to ENLARGE the figures as much as I could on the page so they could be better seen by my Primary. Since I couldn't find a Laban figure I liked that matched the look of the Nephi figures that have been in The Friend magazine, I took the liberty to use another Book of Mormon figure that looked like a wealthy man to represent Laban. Okay, he looks more like a king, well... maybe because he is a king, King Lamoni, but I dont think they will know the difference. Oh wait a minute! They just might. Those kids are pretty perceptive at times. Oh well, it will have to do. The tools are optional to use. I just threw them in for fun since there was space on the page; however, the picture was not the best resolution so they didn't enlarge very well especially around the edges, so I just outlined them with black and brown Sharpie pens to help them POP better. They don't look so bad now. Just print the stick puppets you want onto heavy card stock, cut them out, laminate if you prefer and mount onto tongue depressor sticks if you want to use as stick puppets or put magnetic tape on the back if you want to use them for a board story.




As mentioned in an earlier post on  "Nephi's Courage", let the children use the puppets to help retell the stories in the song as the Primary sings or use them as visuals to help the children remember the order the song goes in. Mixing them up and letting the children put in order is always a good ol' standby activity. 




Nephi's Courage Stick Puppets-Nalani

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas. Would you mind sharing where in the Friend you found your pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, the Nephi figures are from the Feb 2012 issue and the King Lamoni that I used for Laban is from the May issue. They have also been putting some of these figures in the LDS image library. I also used some clip art images for the water, smiley and city. I hope they put a lot more of these color images in the Friend magazine.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I want to use this and download it, but it says that it has failed to convert. Not sure if that is my computer or if it is yours. I would love a copy of this. Thanks!
    Heather

    heatherlw@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this. It says it failed to covert in the download spot. Any chance you could email it to me? charboshell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, If you still have the archive I would love to get them too. Would you send me it, please?
      victoria.lima92@hotmail.com

      Delete