Any way you say it, it means
Well, I'm finally getting around to posting my visuals for "Feliz Cumpleanos." Since birthdays are supposed to be FUN, I decided to do this visual as placards for the birthday children to hold as we sang, but you could omit the stick and use as posters. You will need to print the poster version on 11" x 17" size paper. Maybe your workplace or definitely a copy center has the capability if you don't. I just printed on regular paper stock and then mounted on different fluorescent colors of poster board. I've also included a file for a flip chart version.
Here is how I put it together:
- Paint 4 large-sized paint stirring sticks, the kind used to stir paint in the 5-gallon sized buckets (not the typical gallon sized can.) They are about 21" long. The DIY stores are usually happy to give you a few if you ask.
- Cut 2 of each color of poster board into about 13" x 19" rectangles.
- Take 2 of the same colored poster boards and center and adhere them to a paint stick, one on each side. Repeat with the 3 remaining sticks and poster boards.
- I used a staple gun to adhere the poster board to the stick, but you could probably use a glue gun.
- I did this step first before glueing the words on so that my staples wouldn't show. If you use a glue gun to glue the poster board, I guess that wouldn't matter.
- Glue the first verse of the printed visual to one side of the poster board with each phrase on a different color. Repeat with the second verse on the opposite side of the placard.
- Optional: Staple or tie some colorful curly ribbon on the stick just under the poster for an added festive look. I was planning on doing that, but have never gotten around to it. I always seem to remember about doing it as I'm leaving for church. I think I am going to have to try really hard to remember to do it some day soon.
I've hauled these placards to church on many occasions in my handmade poster carrier and they have held up quite well. The kids love to hold them as they learn how to say "Happy Birthday" in a variety of languages.
Feliz Cumpleanos Flip Chart