New and refurbished ideas for LDS Primary Music Leaders (a.k.a. Primary Choristers)

Sunday, April 22, 2012

JESUS ONCE WAS A LITTLE CHILD


I love how this month is all about our
Savior, Jesus Christ 
and how he is such a wonderful example to us. Here is a classic song I remember from my youth in the days of going to Primary after school,
What  a simple message to remind us how even as a child, Jesus is a perfect example for us to try and be like him...try, try, try.
I just  love the sweetness of this song. In fact, I am thinking of adding this to the song "I'm Trying to Be like Jesus" in the program. My thoughts are to have a little child sing the first half of "Jesus Once Was a Little Child" and then the child's mother or a female sing the second half. They will only be singing the first verse. I hope I can find a mother/female and child combo. Then the whole Primary sings "I'm Trying to Be like Jesus" and at the very end, the Primary repeats a bit slower and with purpose and emphasis the end of the chorus that says, "for these are the things Jesus taught". I did think of some other ways to fancy these two songs up together that I think would be awesome, but what it comes down to is that these songs need to be kept in their sweet and simple state...
just like a little child.








Jesus Once Was a Little Child-FC-Nalani

3 comments: